Not so long ago, when I started making soap, I discovered coconut oil. At the time I was just happy to find an oil that was able to give my homemade soap a nice lather, but the more I learned about it, the more I liked it. Here are some of my favorite uses collected from some of my favorite bloggers and one from me .
- Homemade Deodorant by A Paige at a Time: Since I have started to use my homemade deodorant I have found that i actually stink less. Before I started making my own deodorant I was having to apply the commercial stuff several times a day. So now I smell good, I am saving money, and potentially saving myself from cancer . . . Can you say win-win?
- Healing Salve by Crunchy Betty: Coconut Oil’s natural antibacterial properties make it a great addition to this all natural healing salve and it smells pretty good too!
- Hair Conditioner by DIY Natural: While this isn’t really a recipe, I did get the idea from them and I like to give credit where credit is due . . . Anyways, in the winter my hair gets pretty dry and I stumble upon this trick while surfing the web. Just run a bit of coconut oil through your hair, let it set, rinse and bam! Amazing, no?
- Diaper Rash Cream by Mama Natural: While it is true that you can use straight coconut oil on your baby’s bum this recipe has added goodness that makes it super soothing. Oh, and while you are there check out the other awesome baby care recipes.
- Homemade Lotion by Mama Natural: This lotion is AWESOME, it is dreamy and creamy and you won’t be sad if you make it
What great things do you use coconut oil for? Link up your ideas here!